|As of August 2020 the site you are on (wiki.newae.com) is deprecated, and content is now at rtfm.newae.com.|
no edit summary
Follow the same procedure as in : [[Tutorial B5 Breaking AES (Straightforward)]], but:
* Flashing the DES firmware to the target device (
i.e. chipwhisperer/hardware/victims/firmware/simpleserial-des/simpleserial-des-xmega.hex), instead;
* Setting an appropriate 'Total Samples' and 'Offset' in the ''Scope Settings'';
* Setting the 'Key Length (Bytes)', 'Input Length (Bytes)' and 'Output Length (Bytes)' to 8 bytes in the ''Target Settings'';
* Setting an appropriate 8 bytes Key in the ''Generic Settings''.
* Or, alternatively, execute the script "ChipWhisperer-Lite: DES SimpleSerial on XMEGA" to do the above steps automatically in this platform.